There are lots of new dishes on the menu this week which we haven’t had before so it is all a learning curve! So far everything we have tried has been really tasty and will be regularly featuring in our weekly meal plans. Today’s recipe was no exception.
I have calculated the cost of this dish, for 4 people, to be around £4.00 depending where you buy your ingredients and the quality of the same. I have been converted to the Sainsburys Basics stock cubes as they are only 10p for 10 and the flavour is really nice! I also used Sainsburys own brand noodles which were just as good as the branded ones at a lot cheaper price.
1 Vegetable Stock Cube
Noodles (Approximately 1 nest per person depending on appetite!)
1 Small head of broccoli
250g pack chestnut mushrooms (thickly sliced)
1 garlic clove (sliced)
Pinch of chilli flakes (although these could be left out if you didn’t want a chilli kick)
4 Spring Onions (thinly sliced)
A good dollop of Hoisin Sauce
1. Boil a pan of water with the stock cube, then place in the noodles and boil for around 2 minutes. Then add the broccoli and boil for another 2 minutes. When draining, keep back a good cup full of the stock.
2. Fry the mushrooms for a couple of minutes until they start to soften and go golden.
3. Add the chilli flakes, garlic and spring onions and fry for a couple more minutes.
4. Add the cooked noodles and broccoli and mix well.
5. Add a couple of tablespoons of the leftover stock from the noodles and broccoli together with a good dollop of the hoisin sauce, making sure everything is coated well.
6. Once everything is heated through, serve.