This is probably the easiest recipe in the world, anyone can make it, even those that burn beans on toast! The best thing about it is you can add whatever flavours you like. I made plain old strawberry but it would work with any fruit you wanted or you could add chocolate, the possibilities are endless!
Without adding in the cost of any fruit, I have estimated the cost of the other ingredients to be around £2.50-£3.00 depending on where they are purchased and the quality. I find cheap, shop brand digestives and soft cheese work just as well as branded items.
250g digestive biscuits
100g melted butter
600g soft cheese (although you can make it with less, I only used about 400g)
100g icing sugar
284ml double cream
Plus whatever fruit etc. you want to add
1. Put the digestive biscuits into a food bag, then bash them to crumbs with a rolling pin.
2. Mix the biscuit crumbs with the melted butter until they are all covered then press into a cake tin (the ones with the removable bottom are the easiest to use).
3. Put the base into the fridge whilst you make the topping.
4. Mix together the soft cheese and icing sugar until mixed thoroughly.
5. Mix in the double cream until you have quite a stiff mixture.
6. Add whatever fruit or other flavourings you are using then mix in.
7. Spread the topping onto the base and you have a delicious cheesecake ready to eat after chilling.
It is not the best dessert for your waistline but is so delicious!